The proposed 11-storey condo development at 383 Sorauren Avenue, north of the park, is going to the Ontario Municipal Board for hearings.
A pre-hearing is set for Thursday, Sept. 5 at 10 a.m. at the OMB offices at 655 Bay Street at Dundas. The pre-hearing will determine the date of the full hearing, but will also be an opportunity for the OMB to identify anyone who wishes to attend the full hearing, either as a party or as a participant, in opposition to or in support of the application.
Councillor Gord Perks is inviting anyone who wishes to participate to contact his office for assistance, or to attend the pre-hearing 30 minutes earlier at 9:30 a.m. for a briefing.
The City currently opposes the application but Council has also instructed the City Solicitor to work with the owner to enter into a settlement should the opportunity arise.
The condo development requires zoning changes to permit the following:
- 160 residential units and one small commercial unit
- reduction in the minimum parking requirement from 160 spaces to a proposed 95 spaces
- reduction of the minimum requirement from 2.0 square metres of interior amenity space per residential unit to 0.39 square metres per unit
- an increase in density from 2.0 to 4.56
- an increase in building height from 14 metres to 34.15 metres
Further information on OMB pre-hearings is available here.