Your reminder the Sorauren Park Farmers Market has returned to the park’s Town Square at the usual time, 3-7 pm on Mondays.Continue reading
After many months of closure due to the pandemic, the Sorauren Farmers Market got the green light and will reopen in Sorauren Park at the usual time, 3-7 pm on Mondays on the Town Square.
COVID-19 means farmers’ markets will look and feel a little different with special physical distancing and hygiene protocols. You might not be able to see the smile on your favourite vendor’s face because of their mask, but please know they have missed you and are very happy to see you!
To comply with Public Health recommendations please note the following:
● Shop quickly, ideally one person per household
● If you are unwell, stay home
● Wear a mask
● Maintain a safe distance from others, be patient and kind – this is challenging for everyone
● Please pre-order with vendors online – this way you can visit the pre-order pick-up window for a speedy visit
● Follow the one-way direction of the Market
● Please do not touch the food – your vendor will pack for you
● No eating in the Market area – take your food and eat at home or in the park.
Over the years many local businesses have supported the programming, activities and projects that make Sorauren Park a treasured part of the community. They’ve done this with cash sponsorships or donations, in-kind donations of goods or services, or other types of support.
Now is our time to support them (even more!) to keep our community strong and ready for a return to normal, whatever the new normal looks like. Use our directory below to support our supporters, and check business status.Continue reading
Come to the Sorauren Park Town Square this holiday Monday September 2 for the annual Sorauren Farmers’ Market Country Fair! In addition to Market favourites including farmers’ kiosks, fresh prepared food and the popular pizza oven, the extra-special Country Fair features a raffle, live music, corn roast, dog show, and the annual “Best in Fair” competition. Enter your best veggies, jams, pickles and more!