Sorauren Park 20th Anniversary Cake Decorating Contest
Sponsored by Cookery
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE REGISTER YOUR ENTRY AT THE CAKE BOOTH AT THE EVENT.
The Cake Booth will be set up in the Sorauren Town Square. Bring your entry between 4 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Judging starts at 6:15 p.m.
Hello Sorauren Bakers!
As part of Sorauren Park’s 20th Anniversary Celebration, to be held at the park on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015, we’re holding a cake decorating contest!
Enter in one of these two divisions:
• Youth (Ages 9 to 16)
• Adult (Age 17 +)
Each division winner will receive a Baking Prize Pack courtesy of Cookery, including professional-quality cake pans, baking utensils, tools and a beautiful ceramic cake plate — valued at over $100.
Bake a cake on this theme: Anniversary/birthday celebrating Sorauren Park and its 20th Anniversary.
There is no fee to enter.
Entries will be judged on this criteria:
• How best the entry embodies the theme and spirit of this well-loved community park
• Quality and execution of decorations
1. Only individuals may enter
2. Only one entry per individual is permitted
3. Your cake, icing and decorations must be edible and entirely NUT-FREE
4. Cakes may be up to 24” by 24” in size, and as many layers as you like
5. Entrants must be Amateurs, i.e. not be employed in or accept money for working in the baking or catering industry
6. All cake entries must solely be the work of the contestant
7. Please note that contestant’s names will be displayed/announced after the judging but until they have been judged the entries will be kept anonymous to the judges. We ask that you not post your entry online until after the judging has taken place. As well, do not label your entry
8. No commercial logos and advertising allowed in the decorations
9. The decision of the judges is final
Bring your entry to the park during the anniversary celebration, Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015 between 4:30 and 5:45 p.m.
Check the weather, a cake cover or box — to guard against rain or too much sun — may be a good idea.
Judging will take place at 6:15 pm and be announced at the main stage on the Sorauren Town Square at 7 p.m.
Unless you indicate upon registration that you would like your entry returned to you after the contest, all cake entries, including the winning cakes, will be cut and served to party-goers after the announcement of the winners. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL ENTRIES ARE NUT-FREE.
Got a question? Email us: email@example.com
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE
• Bring your entry to the park during the anniversary celebration, Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015 between 4:30 and 5:45 p.m.
• Do not write your name, anywhere on the entry, i.e. on the cake, the platter, stand, box or cover.
• Do not post your entry online, or text or tweet about it until after the contest winners are announced, at 7 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 26.
• PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ENTRY IS ENTIRELY NUT-FREE.