Here’s our winter-time equivalent of a local barn raising: help build the Sorauren natural ice rink this Saturday, Dec. 17 starting at 10 a.m…. no experience necessary!
The Sorauren Hosers ice crew needs all-ages help to lay out and erect the boards, and prepare the site, for the skating season.
• Stomp down the snow! (Looking likely. Great job for armies of kids.)
• Move the 8”-high mini-boards from the shipping container to form the rink around the baseball diamond.
• Bring wagons and gloves you can get dirty.
• Bolt the boards together. Materials supplied, but bring charged drill-drivers and extra batteries, with Robertson bits.
• Bring hammers/mallets to help fasten the boards to the ground.
• Bring rakes and garden bags to help clean up leaves around the baseball fence. Leaves + ice = BAD.
• Bring shovels, if there’s snow.
Learn more about the Sorauren natural ice rink, built and maintained by volunteers (join us) with support from Parks, Forestry and Recreation. See you at the park!