As 2012 comes to a close, a big thanks to everyone who donated to the Sorauren Park Town Square campaign this year. The community campaign has now passed $56,000, with a community goal of $75,000. The Wabash Building Society will be seeking another $50,000 from other sources, to match the $125,000 grant provided by Live Green Toronto, for a total target of $250,000 in 2013. We’re well on our way thanks to the generosity of neighbours, businesses, and donors from as far away as Sweden.
Here are just some of the things to watch for in the park in 2013:
- Beginning of Town Square construction in second half of the year
- Fieldhouse mural
- Fieldhouse indoor painting day
- The natural ice rink… flooding starts soon!
- Sorauren baseball and soccer starting in May… new sod on the soccer field
- Gardening day in May
- Metrolinx diesel noise wall consultations
- Farmers’ Market Mondays!
There’s always lots to do at the park… if you’d like to get involved to make the park a better place, use the Contact Us form. Use the form if you’d like to help flood the rink, too. Flooding takes place every night at 9 p.m. as long as it’s cold enough.
Till then, the Wabash Building Society wishes everyone a healthy and happy holiday season, and a peaceful and prosperous new year.